Aug 17 2010
We love our latest scarves, which are reversible with two completely different, but coordinating, prints on each side. They are the perfect length to wrap around your neck, your hair or even as a belt. We did some research and pooled our ideas to come up with a few great ways to wear our new scarves. Follow these step by step photo instructions and you will be armed with fresh new ideas for your fall wardrobe.
Ascot Knot1. Fold the scarf lengthwise. Let the Scarf hang around your neck with equal amounts hanging on each side.
2. Take one end of the scarf and bring it towards and in front of the other. Let it pass behind the stationary side.
3. Bring it upwards to make a knot, as shown. Adjust both ends to (about) equal lengths, facing downwards.
Bow Knot1.Fold the scarf lengthwise and drape around your neck. Take one end and cross it over your opposite shoulder.
2.Take the side that is now hanging down your back and grasp it near your neck. Tuck it under the side that is hanging down your front, but do not pull it all the way through.
3.Pull the scarf through so that the “bow” is as large as you would like it. Fluff and arrange the “bow” until you have your desired fullness.
European Knot1. Fold the scarf lengthwise
2. Fold the scarf in half again (to shorten it). Drape it around your neck with equal parts on each side.
3. Open the folded end to make a circular opening. Pass the other end of the scarf through the opening.
4. Adjust the length of each end until you reach your desired length.
The Long Tie1. Fold the scarf lengthwise and drape around your neck. Allow one end of the scarf to hang approx. 3” longer on one side.
2. Tie the longer side in a knot around the shorter side. Pull the shorter end to adjust the length of the scarf as desired.
Belt ItTrend #1: Gather the scarf lengthwise and loop it through you belt loops, just as you would a regular belt. Tie the ends together in a bow or a knot, whichever you prefer. For a cleaner look, pass the ends of the scarf through the belt loops on the opposite side and tuck under to secure.
Trend #2: Gather the scarf and wrap it around your waist. Knot or tie in a bow to secure.
To get in on the fun, stop by the store and pick one (or more!) up. The knots and ties also look great with our Jersey Knit Scarfs, and really showcase the applique. Ask any of the Bella Vita Girls, and we'll be glad to show you the tips and tricks listed above, or come back to this entry and try the knots out for yourself.
Here's to a fashionable Fall!
- The Girls at Bella Vita